About the role
As our Head of Data, you will
- have a significant impact on the company’s technical direction
- be the architect and owner going forward of our unified people data model at the heart of our platform
- build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and state-of-the-art data warehouse technologies
- develop analytics capabilities of our platform that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable people insights to our customers
- be on the cutting edge of data advancements and collaborate closely with engineers and key stakeholders to leverage established and novel data sources to deliver tools that integrate directly with our platform
- explore opportunities to leverage state-of-the-art machine learning and implement statistical models in our analytics platform
Who are we looking for?
- Ph.D., M.Sc., or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, or another relevant technical field
- Strong skills in Python and SQL
- Familiarity with IaaS solutions and best-in-class data warehouse technologies, such as AWS, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud Platform is a plus
- Experience with transitioning applications from R&D into production is a big plus
- Motivated self-starter with a strong enthusiasm to learn
- Strong communication skills. You communicate complex data solutions across teams and clients
What we can offer you?
- You will be able to personally and professionally grow with a young and striving company through challenging and diverse projects
- True startup atmosphere in a dynamic, innovative, and exciting work environment where it never gets boring
- Beyond an individually negotiated compensation package including company shares, you will enjoy a unique combination of professional opportunities, entrepreneurial spirit, technological excellence, and industry exposure
- Flat hierarchies and a large amount of individual responsibility
- Regular team offsites and learning budget
- Remote-friendly working environment with work-from-home budget and flexible working hours
Why we’re building peopleIX:
We have seen how companies struggle with making data-driven people decisions. With first-hand experience in different industries and stages of companies, we have seen a bunch of analytics approaches. However, due to messy data, which is fragmented across many systems (HRIS, ATS, Performance, LMS..), and mostly inexperience with rigorous data crunching in people teams, it is time to build a truly intuitive people analytics platform. With years of experience scaling and transforming businesses as well as running HR & analytics projects, we are now building the people analytics platform we always wanted. With peopleIX, we enable people teams to make data-driven people decision-making.